10/20/40 End fed antenna kit, including 100 Watt 1:49 impedance transformer, Wire of your choice, DIY kit
An advantage of an end fed antenna is of course the simplicity, especially for field work this is a huge advantage. Put a telescopic mast against a pole, hook the antenna to the top and slide out. This will allow you to be in the air within 5 minutes! An additional advantage is that the 10/20/40 endfed antenna can easily be vertically polarized. This makes the antenna convenient for (DX) long distance connections. The 10/20/40 End fed Antenna kit has a total length of approximately 11.9 meters. From the feed point first 10.1 meter antenna wire then a coil of about 35 uH and then another little 2 meters of wire.
The feed point of the 10/20/40 end fed antenna kit is a broadband impedance transformer. Because the End Fed wire antenna has a very high impedance +/-2500 Ohm, an impedance transformation is needed. By means of a winding ratio of 1:7, this impedance is transformed to an impedance of 50 Ohm.
This End Fed antenna comes with antenna wire of choice:
Experimental Wire: This wire consists of 1.0 mm2 braided copper wire with a UV resistant black shield. The total diameter is about 2 mm. Perfect for experiments or holiday antennas. Because the core only consists of copper, this wire will stretch over time and continue to hang. The tensile force of this wire is thereby also limited.
Copper/Kevlar Wire: This antenna wire is produced especially for HF Kits in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a Kevlar core with around 1.1 mm2 tinned copper braiding. 1x 0,4 mm Kevlar en 24x 0,25 mm copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 50 kg. In this way a strong, smooth and relatively light antenna wire is obtained.
Copper/Stainless Wire: This antenna Wire is produced especially for HF Kits in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a stainless steel core (7x 0, 35mm) with around 1.0 mm2 tinned copper braid. 7x 0.3 mm stainless steel and 14x 0.3 mm thinned copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 100 kg. This is a robust antenna wire with a very long life span. As far as we are concerned, this is the best choice for permanently placed antennas.
This kit includes:
- 12.5 meter antenna wire of your choice
- 19 mm PVC Pipe for coil
- 5.50 meter 0.75 mm winding wire for the coil
- 25 mm heat shrink sleeve for coil insulation
- 2x Stainless Steel Cable Clamp
- 1x End Isolator
- 1x Cable lug 5mm
- 1x Heat shrink sleeve for cable lug
1:49 Impedance transformer:
- IP65 enclosure 82x80x55 mm
- Ferrite toroid Amidon FT140-43
- Winding Wire 1.00 mm
- 100 pF Capacitor 1kV
- PL 259 Chassis
- Toroid mounting plate
- Stainless steel M3 6mm screws 4x
- Stainless steel M3 Spring washer 4x
- M3 Cable lug
- M5 Cable Shoe
- Stainless steel (A4) M6 strain relief
- Stainless Steel M6 Nut
- Stainless Steel M6 washer
- Stainless steel M6 Spring washer
- Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- Stainless steel M5 Wing nut
- Stainless Steel M5 nut 2x
- Stainless Steel M5 washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 Spring washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 tooth washer 2x
- Stainless steel M3 Bolt 12mm 4x
- Stainless Steel M3 Nut 4x
- Stainless Steel M3 Washer 4x
- Stainless steel M3 tooth washer 4x
- As much as possible, Hang the antenna free from interfering elements
- This antenna can also be used as a sloper.
- In case of common mode issues, use a common mode choke. Do not place this choke directly at the feed point of the antenna.