10 Meter band dipole antenna including 150 Watt 1:1 BalUn, DIY kit
The dipole antenna still remains the primal antenna. Certainly in a fixed setup this antenna has its advantages. The 10 meter band dipole antenna is symmetrical so that the noise level will in many cases be quieter compared to asymmetric antennas. By using a good BalUn, Common mode current are prevented, which also reduces interference from your direct environment. The symmetrical properties do not require Earth or counter poise capacity. Total length approximately 5.1 meters.
The main reason for using a BalUn is to make sure that the coax cable is not part of the antenna system and that it will radiate undesirable. This has all sorts of nasty effects, think of: interference, EMI, RFI disrupted radiation pattern of the antenna, restless noise level. This last point is because not only does the coax cable’s shield radiate when you transmit, but the shield also works as a receiving antenna.
This 10 meter band dipole antenna comes with antenna wire of your choice including cable clamps and insulators.
Experimental Wire: This wire consists of 1.0 mm2 braided copper wire with a UV resistant black shield. The total diameter is about 2 mm. Perfect for experiments or holiday antennas. Because the core only consists of copper, this wire will stretch over time and continue to hang. The tensile force of this wire is thereby also limited.
Copper/Kevlar Wire: This antenna wire is produced especially for HF Kits in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a Kevlar core with around 1.1 mm2 tinned copper braiding. 1x 0,4 mm Kevlar en 24x 0,25 mm copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 50 kg. In this way a strong, smooth and relatively light antenna wire is obtained.
Copper/Stainless Wire: This antenna Wire is produced especially for HF Kits in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a stainless steel core (7x 0, 35mm) with around 1.0 mm2 tinned copper braid. 7x 0.3 mm stainless steel and 14x 0.3 mm thinned copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 100 kg. This is a robust antenna wire with a very long life span. As far as we are concerned, this is the best choice for permanently placed antennas.
This kit includes:
- 2x 3 meter antenna wire of your choice
- 4x Stainless Steel Cable Clamp
- 2x End Isolator
- 2x Cable lug 5mm
- 2x Heat Shrink sleeve for cable lug
- IP65 enclosure 82x80x55 mm
- Ferrite toroid Amidon FT140-43
- Winding wire 22 AWG – 4x 65cm PTFE 19 x 0.15 mm copper “Silver plated”
- PL 259 Chassis
- Toroid mounting plate
- Stainless steel M3 6mm screws 4x
- Stainless steel M3 Spring washer 4x
- M3 Cable lug
- 2x M5 Cable lug
- 2x stainless Steel (A4) M6 eye (Strain relief)
- 2x Stainless Steel M6 Nut
- 2x Stainless steel M6 washer
- 2x stainless steel M6 Spring washer
- 2x Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- 2x stainless steel M5 wing nut
- 4x Stainless Steel M5 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M5 washer
- 2x stainless steel M5 Spring washer
- 4x stainless steel M5 toothed washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 Bolt 12mm
- 4x Stainless Steel M3 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M3 washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 toothed washer
- As much as possible, Hang the antenna free from interfering elements
- The antenna can also be used as inverted-V.
- Place the feed point as high as possible
- Multiple dipole antennas (half wavelength wire) can be attached to the feed point for multi-band use