Complete 1:1 BalUn DIY kit for dipole antenna’s.
1:1 BalUn 800 Watt DIY kit, with solid tensile stools. With a handy fixing plate for the toroid, so no longer necessary for gluing.
The dipole antenna still remains the primal antenna. Certainly in a fixed setup this antenna has its advantages. The antenna is symmetrical so that the noise level will in many cases be quieter compared to asymmetric antennas. By using a good BalUn, Common mode current are prevented, which also reduces interference from your direct environment. The symmetrical properties do not require Earth or counter poise capacity.
The main reason for using a BalUn is to make sure that the coax cable is not part of the antenna system and that it will radiate undesirable. This has all sorts of nasty effects, think of: interference, EMI, RFI disrupted radiation pattern of the antenna, restless noise level. This last point is because not only does the coax cable’s shield radiate when you transmit, but the shield also works as a receiving antenna.
Click here for an extensive building manual
1:1 BalUn 800 Watt Parts
This kit includes:
- IP65 enclosure 100x100x55 mm
- Toroid Amidon FT240-43
- Winding wire 18 AWG – 4x 85cm PTFE 19 x 0.25 mm copper “Silver plated”
- PL 259 Chassis
- Toroid mounting plate
- Stainless steel M3 6mm screws 4x
- Stainless steel M3 Spring washer 4x
- M3 Cable lug
- 2x M5 Cable lug
- 2x stainless Steel (A4) M6 eye (Strain relief)
- 2x Stainless Steel M6 Nut
- 2x Stainless steel M6 washer
- 2x stainless steel M6 Spring washer
- 2x Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- 2x stainless steel M5 wing nut
- 4x Stainless Steel M5 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M5 washer
- 2x stainless steel M5 Spring washer
- 4x stainless steel M5 toothed washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 Bolt 12mm
- 4x Stainless Steel M3 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M3 washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 toothed washer
There are no reviews yet.