Complete 1:2 BalUn DIY kit for Delta Loop and Quad loop antennas.
1:2 BalUn 600 Watt self-assembly kit 1.8 – 30 MHz, with proper strain relief. This 1:2 BalUn is constructed from two FT240-43 ferrite toroidal cores. On the first toroidal core a 1:1 current BalUn is built up. It takes care of the transition from unbalanced (coax) to balanced antenna. This BalUn has a fantastic common mode current attenuation of over 30 dB. The second ferrite ring core is responsible for the impedance transformer from 50 Ohm to 100 ohm. Many BalUn manufacturers only look at the impedance matching but forget to look at the common mode current attenuation. This BalUn scores very well on both levels. Now with a handy mounting plate to attach both ring cores, so gluing is no longer necessary.
The Delta loop or Quad-loop antenna is not used as often as compared to other antennas. However, these antennas have many advantages. For example, the antenna is symmetrical and closed so that in many cases the received signal will be quieter compared to asymmetrical or open antennas. Because the antenna is mounted in a triangle or square, less space is needed in many cases. By using a good BalUn, Common mode current are prevented, which also reduces interference from your direct environment. Due to the symmetrical properties of this antenna, no earth or ground capacity is required.
The main reason for using a BalUn is to make sure that the coax cable is not part of the antenna system and that it will radiate undesirable. This has all sorts of nasty effects, think of: interference, EMI, RFI disrupted radiation pattern of the antenna, restless noise level. This last point is because not only does the coax cable’s shield radiate when you transmit, but the shield also works as a receiving antenna.
Click here for an extensive building manual
1:2 BalUn 600 Watt part list
This kit includes:
- IP65 enclosure 100x100x55 mm
- 2x Ferrite Ring Core Amidon FT240-43
- Winding wire 18 AWG – 4x 85cm PTFE 19 x 0.25 mm copper “Silver plated”
- Core wrap wire 1.5 mm – 1.5 mtr. – enamelled copper wire
- PL 259 Chassis
- Toroid mounting plate
- 4x M3 spacer
- 4x Stainless steel M3 6 mm screws
- 4x stainless steel M3 washer
- M3 Cable lug
- 2x M5 Cable lug
- 2x stainless Steel (A4) M6 eye (Strain relief)
- 2x Stainless Steel M6 Nut
- 2x Stainless steel M6 washer
- 2x stainless steel M6 Spring washer
- 2x Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- 2x stainless steel M5 wing nut
- 4x Stainless Steel M5 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M5 washer
- 2x stainless steel M5 Spring washer
- 4x stainless steel M5 toothed washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 Bolt 12mm
- 4x Stainless Steel M3 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M3 washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 toothed washer
There are no reviews yet.