10/(15)/20/40/80 Mini End fed antenna kit, including 100 Watt 1:49 impedance transformer, DIY kit
An advantage of an end fed antenna is of course the simplicity, especially for field work this is a huge advantage. The 10/(15)/20/40/80 Mini End fed Antenna Kit has a total length of approx. 23 meters. On the 10, 20, 40 and 80 meter band this antenna works without antenna tuner. An antenna tuner is required for the 15 meter band. The antenna has a limited bandwidth on the 80 meter band because the antenna is shortened for this band. The 10/(15)/20/40/80 Mini End fed Antenna Kit has a total length of approx. 23 meters. From the feed point first 20.4 meter antenna wire then a coil of approximately 110 uH and then another +/- 2.5 meters wire.
The feed point of the 10/(15)/20/40/80 Mini end fed Antenna kit is a broadband impedance transformer. This means that the end fed wire antenna with a very high impedance +/-2500 Ohms is transformed to an impedance of 50 Ohms.
This Mini End Fed antenna kit includes experimental antenna wire. This wire consists of 1.0 mm2 braided copper wire with a UV resistant black insulator. The total diameter is about 2 mm.
This kit includes:
- 24 meter Experimental Antenna Wire
- 19 mm PVC Pipe for coil
- 11 meter 0.5 mm winding wire for the coil
- 25 mm heat shrink sleeve for coil insulation
- 1x Stainless Steel Cable Clamp
- 1x End Isolator
- 1x Cable lug 5mm
- 1x Heat shrink sleeve for cable lug
1:49 Mini Impedance transformer:
- IP65 enclosure 64x58x35 mm
- Ferrite toroid Amidon FT140-43
- Winding Wire 1.00 mm
- 100 pF Capacitor 1kV
- BNC Chassis Round
- M5 Cable Shoe
- Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- Stainless steel M5 Wing nut
- Stainless Steel M5 nut 2x
- Stainless Steel M5 washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 Spring washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 tooth washer 2x
- As much as possible, Hang the antenna free from interfering elements
- This antenna can also be used as a sloper.
- In case of common mode issues, use a common mode choke. Do not place this choke directly at the feed point of the antenna.