10/20/40 Mini End fed antenna kit, including 100 Watt 1:49 impedance transformer, DIY kit
An advantage of an end fed antenna is of course the simplicity, especially for field work this is a huge advantage. Put a telescopic mast against a pole, hook the antenna to the top and slide out. You are on air within 5 minutes! An additional advantage is that the 10/20/40 mini end fed antenna can easily be vertically polarized. This makes the antenna convenient for (DX) long distance connections. The 10/20/40 Mini End fed Antenna Kit has a total length of approx. 11.9 meters. From the feed point first 10.1 meter antenna wire then a coil of about 35 uH and then another +/- 2 meters of wire.
The feed point of the 10/20/40 Mini end fed Antenna kit is a broadband impedance transformer. This means that the end fed wire antenna with a very high impedance +/-2500 Ohms is transformed to an impedance of 50 Ohms.
This Mini End Fed antenna kit includes experimental antenna wire. This wire consists of 1.0 mm2 braided copper wire with a UV resistant black insulator. The total diameter is about 2 mm.
This kit includes:
- 12.5 Meter Experimental antenna wire
- 19 mm PVC Pipe for coil
- 5.5 Meter 0.75 mm winding wire for the coil
- 25 mm heat shrink sleeve for coil insulation
- 1x Stainless Steel Cable Clamp
- 1x End Isolator
- 1x Cable lug 5mm
- 1x Heat shrink sleeve for cable lug
1:49 Mini Impedance transformer:
- IP65 enclosure 64x58x35 mm
- Ferrite toroid Amidon FT140-43
- Winding Wire 1.00 mm
- 100 pF Capacitor 1kV
- BNC Chassis Round
- M5 Cable Shoe
- Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- Stainless steel M5 Wing nut
- Stainless Steel M5 nut 2x
- Stainless Steel M5 washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 Spring washer 2x
- Stainless steel M5 tooth washer 2x
- As much as possible, Hang the antenna free from interfering elements
- This antenna can also be used as a sloper.
- In case of common mode issues, use a common mode choke. Do not place this choke directly at the feed point of the antenna.