ZS6BKW antenna kit including 800 watt 1:1 BalUn
The ZS6BKW is a popular multiband antenna. This antenna has a number of positive features. For example, the ZS6BKW antenna kit is symmetrical so in many cases the reception will be quieter compared to asymmetrical antennas. By using a good BalUn, Common mode current are prevented, which also reduces interference from your direct environment. The symmetrical properties do not require Earth or counter poise capacity. Total antenna length approximately 27.5 meters. (2x 13.75 meters) From the feed point of the antenna, 12.2 meters of 450 Ohm ladder line is used first. The combination of the correct length dipole and the correct length ladder line provide favorable SWR on various bands.
The ZS6BKW antenna including BalUn can be used in many cases without a tuner on the 10, 12, 17, 20 and 40 meter bands. An antenna tuner is required for the 80 meter band. The antenna can be placed horizontally or as an inverted-V. Make sure the ladder line is clear of conductive materials and the ground.
The main reason for using a BalUn is to make sure that the coax cable is not part of the antenna system and that it will radiate undesirable. This has all sorts of nasty effects, think of: interference, EMI, RFI disrupted radiation pattern of the antenna, restless noise level. This last point is because not only does the coax cable’s shield radiate when you transmit, but the shield also works as a receiving antenna.
We supply the ZS6BKW antenna kit including BalUn, antenna litz, ladder line of your choice, cable clamps and insulators.
Experimental Wire: This wire consists of 1.0 mm2 braided copper wire with a UV resistant black shield. The total diameter is about 2 mm. Perfect for experiments or holiday antennas. Because the core only consists of copper, this wire will stretch over time and continue to stretch. The tensile strength of this wire is therefore also limited.
Copper/Kevlar Wire: This antenna wire is produced especially for HF Kits local in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a Kevlar core with around 1.1 mm2 tinned copper braiding. 1x 0,4 mm Kevlar en 24x 0,25 mm copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 50 kg. In this way a strong, flexible and relatively light wire is obtained.
Copper/Stainless steel Wire: This antenna Wire is produced especially for HF Kits local in the Netherlands. The wire consists of a stainless steel core (7x 0, 35mm) with around 1.0 mm2 tinned copper braid. 7x 0.3 mm stainless steel and 14x 0.3 mm thinned copper. The insulator consists of black UV resistant PE. The total diameter is about 2.5 mm. Tension force approx. 100 kg. This is a robust antenna wire with a very long life span. As far as we are concerned, this is the best choice for permanently placed antennas.
This kit includes:
- 2x 14 meter Antenna wire of your choice
- 12.5 meters 450 Ohm ladder line
- 4x Stainless Steel Cable Clamp
- 2x End Isolator
- 2x Cable lug 5mm
- 6x Shrink tubing for cable lug
- 1x Feed point dipole antenna for ladder line
- IP65 enclosure 100x100x55 mm
- Toroid Amidon FT240-43
- Winding wire 18 AWG – 4x 85cm PTFE 19 x 0.25 mm copper “Silver plated”
- PL 259 Chassis
- Toroid mounting plate
- Stainless steel M3 6mm screws 4x
- Stainless steel M3 Spring washer 4x
- M3 Cable lug
- 2x M5 Cable lug
- 2x Stainless Steel M5 Bolt 25mm
- 2x stainless steel M5 wing nut
- 4x Stainless Steel M5 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M5 washer
- 2x stainless steel M5 Spring washer
- 4x stainless steel M5 toothed washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 Bolt 12mm
- 4x Stainless Steel M3 Nut
- 4x Stainless steel M3 washer
- 4x stainless steel M3 toothed washer
- As much as possible, Place the antenna free from interfering elements
- The antenna is also suitable in inverted-V configuration.
- Place the feed point as high as possible
- Make sure the ladder line is free of conductive materials and the ground